Halloween was known as Samhain by the ancient Celts, representing the end of the summer, and the beginning of the New Year.
It was said that the veil between worlds tended to be the thinnest at that time, and the direct communication with the spirits was possible and comprised of the predictions for the upcoming year.
These days, Halloween has a lot of its original meanings. For someone, it is just an opportunity of dressing up in costumes, having a party as well as eating many sweets. A popular theme for Halloween parties is considered as the fortune telling one in which the future predictions will be just for fun and not to be seriously taken. With this attitude in mind, it is really significant to keep these pretend prophecies positive and light!
Fascinating Ideas Of Making A Crystal Ball For Halloween
Nothing seems to be as “spooky Fortune Teller” as a crystal sphere. We are totally able to create our own make-believe and lightweight crystal ball, just used for coming Halloween. How? Don’t worry! This topic will give us a hand!
- We are advised to take the glass fixture off its base, and then set the base aside.
- Now, don’t hesitate to place some star stickers on the glass cover’s outside. Spray the frosted glass over the stickers in an even and light coat which covers this whole glass sphere. Remember to let the paint dry totally, following the manufacturer’s directions. In general, this will take at least a couple of minutes.
- What to do next? We should remove the star stickers that will leave the star-shaped gaps in the paint. It is not necessary for us to decorate the base of the fixture. However, we might do either by making use of the same negative-space trick along with the stickers and paint, or adding other gemstones, embellishments, or stickers.
- Put the glass ball on the foam and open side down. After that, trace around it in an absolute circle. At the current time, we ought to cut the circle out of the foam, (just cutting inside the circle we drew) so that it shall nest really snugly inside the opening of the ball.
- Carve the small slits or holes in the foam, merely large enough to control the glow sticks. Don’t forget to crack these glow sticks to light and place them in the holes.
- Finally, re-attach the glass to the base via availing the screws provided.